Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Am a Writer



I am a writer.
I’m a writer because
I put words on paper.
I find joy in blank pages and the
Words that appear like magic
Just because I want them to.
I’m a writer because
the thoughts in my head find relief in running free
Across unlined fields of parchment or kraft
Or sometimes canvas.
I’m writer because I read.
I take comfort in words, letters, vowels and verbs
I swim in them and sometimes they
Swallow me whole.
I’m a writer because I do so.
I write whether it’s correct or incorrect
Or jumbled
Or even very good.
I write because it’s part of who I am.
It’s how I am and because I write
I’m learning to ignore the other voices that yell at me
And scream things like
STOP!!!
YOU SUCK!! YOU’RE TOO OLD!!
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY!!
IT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!
And just write anyway.
Because really, why wouldn’t I?
I am writer.



No comments:

Post a Comment